Saturday, December 31, 2011

Weekend to Remember, Part Two!

Kayla and Patrick were married here at Chaumette on Oct 8th.  This is the wedding I mentioned in my previous blog, the one that was the biggest of the year.  They had around 300 guests, and with that number of people we rent a tent to expand our Ballroom.  You may think that a tent can’t be that nice to look at, but the one we rent from Grand Rental is very nice, as you can see in the background below. 
Kayla, Patrick and both of their families were a joy to get to know.   All of the family got involved in the planning and execution of the wedding.  It was nice to see families working together, and it showed in the final product, it was beautiful. 



Yes, this is a cake....ALL of it edible, antlers and all!


A note from our Bride,Kayla:

                          What Patrick and I had envisioned for our wedding day was a French/Country theme, accompanied by a beautiful fall background.  I could not have imagined anything more beautiful that day then what the rolling hills and vineyards gave us at Chaumette Winery.  The vibrant colors of the trees made the perfect canvas for our talented photographers. 
                 We were fortunate enough to spend our day with all of our family and friends, which made for a fairly large reception of around 300!  Arriving at Chaumette for our reception was simply breathtaking.   They had a beautiful white tent set up for a patio style seating for several of our guests. Patio guests could look out and see our magnificent bride and groom cakes made by Patrick’s mother, as well as caramel apple favors, all positioned on a very unique vintage-country style wagon!
                The bridal party was centered in the middle of the ballroom, which made it convenient and comfortable for guests to come and visit! Each table was dressed in light champagne; some having a vintage style lantern atop a piece of birch, and others having a beautiful floral arrangement showcasing different fall colors.    The doors to the ballroom adjoining the tent remained open for the evening so guests could appreciate the sunset or the warm night air, as they enjoyed the phenomenal plated dinner prepared.
                Looking back on the evening now, I am not sure I could exactly pin point a favorite part, because I have many amazing memories!   A few would have to include: our first dance as husband and wife, my sister’s beautiful speech,  listening to the band play and dancing all night with family and friends, and just seeing all of our loved ones together supporting us and having a blast! 
                Chaumette gracefully accommodated all of our guests, while still giving us the attention, detail, and ambiance that we desired.  This night was not only special to Patrick and I, but it was an experience that our family and friends will never forget!










As you can see by these  beautiful pictures, the evening was enjoyed by all.  It's hard to say I am working when I am having such a wonderful time!  The band Rough Ryders is a country band (my favorite kind) and they were top notch.  David (the bartender) and I, who shares my love of country music, could hardly keep from singing and dancing.  How unprofessional would that be?!
 I received one funny picture from Kayla that I have to share.  I had no idea the photographer was around.  I usually try to avoid them if at all possible.  This was taken right after they cut their cake and I was trying to keep her dress off the ground…and having fun doing it too, as you can see….

 Ceremony / Reception Venue:  Chaumette Winery | Photographer: I Kandi Photograpy | Cake:Becky Langelier, Becky's email| Florist:Botaniques, Botaniques |Band:Rough Ryders, Rough Ryders  

No comments:

Post a Comment