Friday, December 16, 2011

A Weekend To Remember!

The weekend of October 7th will be forever burned in my mind.    We had a total of 5 weddings booked, one of which was also the biggest that I have experienced.  The leaves were starting the change and the weather was great.   There was amazing smells coming from the kitchen (as always), wonderful live music being played from the east Gallery, and sounds of laughter and cheer coming from every directionI Love was in the air!  I guess I have to admit, I am a hopeless romantic!  I would say that I just may be in the right position at the winery!
 When planning a wedding with a Bride you can really get to know them.  We had some really sweet Brides that weekend and that makes things all the more enjoyable.  Did I not mention that the busiest weekend was also one of the most enjoyable?   Yes, you are right….it was amazing.  There was a constant flow of deliveries for all of the events and wedding guests stopping in to say hello (I really think they were hoping for a sneak peak at the room!).   I remember I stayed the weekend on proberty with our owners Jackie and Hank in their cabin,(who by the way are wonderful hosts,) so that I could be ready and even one step ahead of everything.
I am working on getting pictures from all of the Brides for that weekend, but I have been able to reach Jessica.  Her wedding was one of the first that weekend, on Friday night.  She and her mother had some very unique designs for their event.  It had a very natural feel to it.  Her mother, Chris, even made some home made jam for each guest.  I have some pictures of it below: (courtesy of Simpli Photography)









From the Bride:
I wanted our small and intimate wedding to highlight my love of nature, all things homemade, and the small Missouri community that I grew up in. Chaumette winery and the chapel overlook green rolling farmland and the colorful landscape that I find so beautiful.  Our jam jar favors were lovingly made by my mother, aunts, and various friends whom wanted to take part in the preparation.   The flowers brought my love of nature indoors using natural wooden containers filled with succulents, live plants, herbs, and wild flowers.  The delicious browned butter pumpkin cake that we served was the talk of the evening.
Daniel’s favorite part of the day was when my father, who married us, said his final remarks as the ceremony was concluding. He misspoke and announced “Ladies and gentleman, you may now kiss the bride!”  We were all laughing as we exited the chapel!
My favorite part of the day was as I entered the chapel and started to walk down the aisle. I was overcome by a warm rush of air and the feeling of love all around us.  It was so special and emotional to look around and see loved family and friends coming together to witness our marriage.  It was something that I will never forget.

I will keep working on the other stories from that weekend and post as soon as I have more picutes gathered.

Ceremony / Reception Venue:  Chaumette Winery | Photographer: Simpli Photography | Cake: Diane’s Cakery  | Dress: Saison Blanche  | Shoes: Gianni Bini  | Suit: Perry Ellis | Flowers: Judy Sheets


No comments:

Post a Comment